Milan is a lively, multicultural city. There is a wide variety of cafés, theatres, restaurants, cinemas and art galleries, and cultural events are organised daily in the city. We believe that a programme of social and cultural events is a must for every student.
IH Milan organises a monthly social programme so that the students can practise their Italian freely outside the school. Fixed appointments include:
- our Movie Club, in the afternoon once a week; we show Italian movies that have been used in class for didactic purposes. Subtitles are in Italian only!
- afternoon visits to places of interest such as La Scala Museum, Science and Technology Museum , Art Exhibitions
- International Happy Hours, in the evening in well-renowned cafés and bars, to start with aperitivo and go on till the early hours!
- Dinners and aperitivi, organised in the evening to enjoy Italian food with students, teachers and IH staff
- Cooking classes and wine tasting evenings. They take place at a famous cooking school and our students are always welcome there!
- Weekend excursions to near cities such as Bergamo and Verona, Lake Como, Genova and the Ligurian seaside villages where tasting focaccia bread is not to be missed!